As discussed above, access and use of Site and the Services offered therein by an individual under the age of eighteen (18) is prohibited. To the extent that anyone under the age of eighteen (18) may use the Site or the Services offered therein, LIONEL wishes to provide the following information about its privacy policies.
A Special Note for Parents
Although LIONEL sells children’s products, our products are for purchase by adults only. Use of the Site or Services by anyone under the age of eighteen (18) is prohibited without the involvement, consent, and supervision of a parent or guardian.
The Collection and Use of Lionel Customer Information
LIONEL only collects personal identifiable data, such as names, addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by a visitor to our Site. This information will be used in order to provide an enhanced, customized user experience.
- When you order from our Site, we need to know your name, email address, shipping address, credit card number, expiration date, and billing address. This allows us to process and fulfill your order.
- In some instances, when an email address has been provided by the visitor and the visitor has indicated that he/she would like to receive communications from us, we will send notices to visitors, usually in the form of an email. These notices, sent periodically, will announce upgrades to the Site, new product information and other similar updates.
The LIONEL Site and Services are made available by Lionel, LLC. If you have any questions about our information practices, please contact us at:
6301 Performance Drive
Concord, NC 28027
Lionel Protection of Customer Information
When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
LIONEL may choose to sell, trade, or rent your personal information to other trustworthy third parties, but you can tell us not to by unchecking the opt-in checkbox when you initially register or log in to your account and uncheck the opt-in box within the My Account area.
LIONEL provides links to other areas of interest and relevance on its Site. While LIONEL does its best to ensure that the Linked Sites uphold the integrity and fairness that it strives for, we cannot vouch for the content of any Linked Sites.
What You Should Know About Cookies
First of all… what are cookies?
Next… what are the different cookie types we use?
The most important cookies are the “required cookies.” They are essential and help you to navigate on the Site and to use basic features. Then there are “functionality cookies” that enable you to save your shopping bag, create a wish list and to save your shipping details for a quicker checkout. We use “performance cookies” to improve our Site. We also like to show you relevant offers. To manage this we collect browsing data. “Interaction cookies” are used for you to interact with social media or to submit reviews. “Targeting cookies” capture your preferences in order to show you relevant ads outside the Site. Below you see a more elaborate overview of the types of cookies we are using:
- REQUIRED COOKIES are essential and help you navigate, move around on the Site and see certain features. E.g., these cookies make sure your basket is saved during all the steps of your checkout process.
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES are there so we can give you an even smoother customer experience. These cookies help you to save and remind you about your shopping bag and enable you to create a wish list.
- PERFORMANCE COOKIES help us to understand shopping behavior of our visitors. This enables us to keep improving our Site, so shopping becomes easier and more pleasant for you.
- INTERACTION COOKIES are used for you to express your opinion. We love to know what you think about our product, our Site and about us in general. These cookies will enable you to like or recommend us on social media and to chat with our service agents. But you can also advise our other (potential) customers by rating and reviewing our products.
- TARGETING COOKIES will remember your product and buying preferences. We believe advertising is all about relevance. These cookies enable us to share what you like with our advertisers. So if you are browsing on e.g. Google, the advertisement you see can be more relevant to your preferences.
Finally… what if you don’t like cookies?
You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent cookies from being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. The ‘help’ section in your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings. Find out how this works for your browser here: